- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Embark on an exhilarating Shark Cage Diving adventure departing from Kleinbaai harbour in the picturesque fishing town of Gansbaai. Situated approximately 160 km from Cape Town, the journey by road takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
While Gansbaai was once renowned as the White Shark Capital of the World, our trips primarily showcase the impressive Bronze Whaler Shark, also recognized as the Copper Shark (Carcharhinus brachyurus). Although White Sharks are not uncommon, Gansbaai remains one of the premier global destinations to witness these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
Please bear in mind that our operational timings are subject to tides, weather conditions, and sea factors, thus scheduling arrangements may be subject to change.
In the unlikely event that we don’t find sharks we will offer you a free trip on an alternate day.
Guests or SpectatorsMembers of the family or group that prefer not to go on the excursion are welcome to use our facilities at our dive base. There are grassy sea sides nearby where children can play, as well as nearby coffee shops and restaurants.
Due to variable weather conditions and shark activity, diving may not always be possible and is therefore not guaranteed.
The boat tour we offer consists of approximately 2-2:30 hours at sea. Time related itineraries and collection times are dependent on tides, weather conditions and the number of scheduled tours for a particular day. Exact collection times are therefore only available after 16:00 hrs. the day before.
We will have the following stops:
Meet the team for a light breakfast and your introductory briefing at the Cape Shark Adventures Crew House. Wet suits, booties and diving masks are provided for the cage dive.
Receive a pre-trip safety briefing on what to expect during the trip.
To the ship
Head on to our boat, Barracuda. The boat tour we offer consists of approximately 2-2:30 hours at sea (depending on shark activity/conditions).
Shark Cage Diving
You DO NOT need to be a qualified diver to enter the cage as we use a simple breath-hold technique whilst in the cage. Children as young as 12 years old are allowed to get into the cage.
We are committed to showing you sharks in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
Return to land
Upon your return a hot shower and a light meal will be available.
• Light meals before and after the excursion as well as bottled water on board.
• Shower upon return.
• Diving suits, booties and masks are provided.
• Life jackets and a waterproof jackets are also available on the boat.
• A video link of the trip is not included in the price but can be purchased additionally at R300.00
• The video link is uploaded 24-48 hours after the trip.
• Sea sick tablets (please bring your own if you are prone to motion sickness)
• Sun cream/block
• Bathing Costume
• Anti Sea Sick pills (if this is an issue)
• Own Towel
• It can be cold at sea, so some warm outer wear is recommended.
• It is best to layer clothes so that one can change according to the weather.
• Bring your bathing costume if you are going to dive.
• Wear light comfortable foot wear (sneakers or action foot wear)
Maximum weight: 150.0 kg
Minimum Height: 1 m
Maximum Height: 2.1 m
We operate throughout the year except on bad weather days. We work with the tides of the ocean and the weather so operational times will change accordingly. We confirm departure times the day before we go to sea.
Our excursions are completely dependent on sea conditions. It is essential to make contact 24 hours before your trip so that times can be confirmed.
Cape Shark Adventures