- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
1.5-hours of private surf coaching at one of Cape Town’s most suitable surfing beaches. These private surf lessons can be tailored for beginner surfers who prefer learning outside of a general group environment or intermediate surfers wanting to improve specific skills. This option ensures exclusivity for the individual or group with a coach especially assigned to cater to your individual needs.
Private lessons can be booked for 1 person or a group wanting exclusivity. The per-person pricing decreases as the number of participants increases. For private lessons of 6 or more persons, group rates apply.
Participants 6-15 years are required to book a private lesson when booking with us.
The following is the pick-up schedule for our morning and afternoon lesson slots (please note the suburb where the closest pick-up location is to your lodging to determine your approximate pick-up time):
• Camps Bay: 8:00-8:15am OR 1:00-1:15pm
• City & Sea Point : 8:15-8:30am OR 1:15-1:30pm
• Green Point: 8:30-8:45am OR 1:30-1:45pm
• Woodstock: 8:45-9:00am OR 1:45-2:00pm
• Observatory: 8:45-9:00am OR 1:45-2:00pm
You'll do the following activities:
We will pick you up from one of our selected city pick up points and take you to surf at Muizenberg OR Big Bay beach depending on the conditions forecast for the day of your booking
We use high quality 4:3mm wetsuits to keep you warm throughout the year in the Cape Town waters. Wetsuits are well maintained-washed and rinsed after each use. We use beginner specific soft boards for those who have never touched a surfboard or only surfed a handful of times. These boards are easy to catch waves with and make standing easier as they are stable.
We will drop you off at one of our selected city points at the end of the activity.
• 1.5-hour private lesson
• 4:3 mm wetsuit
• Suitable surfboard
• Transport from one of our pre-determined city pick up points
• Please note we only collect at select pick up points for logistical reasons. If your exact pick up location is not on our list of pre-determined pick up points, please choose the one closest to you or email us your location so we can advise where best to meet our vehicle. Pick up locations have been strategically selected to ensure you do not need to travel/walk far to meet us if you are staying centrally in the city/Atlantic seaboard area.
• Sunscreen (waterproof or zinc)
• Warm sweater
• Bottle of water
• Any emergency medication (epipen etc)
The minimum age for this activity is 6 years old
• Maximum Weight: 110 kg
• Spectators are prohibited, unless they pay R250 for the ride along service
Seven days a week (condition dependent) excluding 25th and 26th December and 1st January
Please note that we base our decision whether to operate according to wind, tide and swell charts. We typically DO NOT cancel because of rain. You're going to get wet anyway. Besides it's the most fun you can have outdoors in the rain!
Stoked Surf School