- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The adrenaline rush from shark cage diving comes from being face to face with one of the world’s greatest predators – the Great White Shark.
• The experience plants you in their territory, while the safety of the cage allows you to be an observer and learn what Great White Sharks are really like.
• An on-board marine biologist will educate you about this amazing apex predator and you will also be provided with a breakfast or lunch, as well as a wetsuit sizing before your dive and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion.
• After this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you’ll find yourself buzzing with excitement and adrenaline. You will have had the opportunity to come up close and personal with one of the ocean's most majestic and foreboding creatures.
• The boat (Slashfin), is the largest in the industry (according to the most deck space per customer) and was purposely built for shark cage diving. It includes two restrooms and an upper deck for the ultimate viewing and photography experience outside of the cage.
We will have the following stops:
Meet at THE GREAT WHITE HOUSE in Kleinbaai
Breakfast to be served
You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size
Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks
We then take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board Slashfin
Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10 minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are)
Anchor for 2 hours
On average, we anchor for 2 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as number of divers
Weather permitting, we take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
Lastly, a debrief in the Great White House and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion!
• A Shark Cage Dive / Viewing guided by a marine biologist.
• Equipment such as wet suits, booties, masks, and a towel are provided.
• Life jackets and waterproof jackets are also supplied.
• A video link of your experience is not included in the price but can be purchased in addition to the dive / viewing excursion. Cost of around R200.
• Bathing Costume
• Anti Nausea medication (should seasickness be a concern- recommend that it is taken the night before and two hours prior to the trip).
• Bathing Costume
• Warm clothing (it is cold on the water when the wind blows)
• Tackies / sneakers
• Wind breaker
• Maximum weight: 150 kg
•7 days a week year round, subject to availability and weather conditions. Only closed on Christmas day and New Year.
The service is weather and tide dependent. Time slots are not confirmed times. Please ensure that you make the whole day available as times can only be confirmed the day before and is not negotiable. You will be advised the day before what time your trip will go out.