- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Crossing through three biomes and into the wildest part of South Africa, this tour promises to be an adventure you’ll never forget!
• Wild Coast
• Garden Route & Tsitsikamma
• Nieu-Bethesda – 1 Night
• Mdumbi – 2 Nights
• Village home stay (Elvin) – 1 Night
• Coffee Shack – 1 Night
• Wild Lubanzi – 1 Night
• Chintsa – 1 Night
• Jeffrey’s Bay – 2 Nights
• Sedgefield – 1 Night
We will have the following stops:
• This is our first leg as we depart the City and head into the Mountains to drive back in time. We’re spending the first day and the majority of the second in this region.
• At times we’ll be driving through vast open plains and we’ll be staying in the quaint little town of Nieu Bethesda. Learn about the life of Helen Martens and visit their micro brewery.
• The rolling hills of the Eastern Cape are rich in history and culture. Home to many famous political leaders, most notably Nelson Mandela. They are also home to the Xhosa. A people who are never shy to share their stories with you. Many of these stories come in song.
• The landscape is breath taking, cliffs are rugged and the ocean is enchanting. Such are the scenes set by the beauty of the Wild Coast. The sun rises from the Ocean and sets on the backdrop of scattered huts to paint a mystical silhouette.
• This itinerary allows you to take in all of the spoils offered by the Wild Coast. From untouched beaches to Xhosa hospitality, Kayaking up the Mdumbi River to hiking past Hole in the wall. Each day leaves you breathless as you recollect around bonfires under the starry skies.
• The idea is to take it at your own pace. So you’re not up for hiking every day? That’s also chilled, kick back and relax while we drive to meet the rest of the crew at our next stop. Not to worry, even the drive will leave you mesmerised as we take the windy roads to our next destination.
• Take it from us, we’ve lived here. People have often never heard of it and we think of it as one of the best kept secrets.
Garden Route & Tsitsikamma
• Our stay in the Garden Route has us staying in Jeffrey’s Bay, Tsitsikamma and Wilderness. From one of the world’s best surf spots to the world’s highest commercial bridge bungy jump. We’re not making these things up!
• Although slightly more populated and frequented by travellers, this adventure paradise is a must for any South African roadie. We’ve got surf lessons, horse riding, forest hikes, ziplining and bungy jumping to choose from on this leg. Most are optional but the Tsitsikamma National Park is a must! No planning needed, just wake up and we’ll do the rest.
• Transport in an air conditioned vehicle
• Professional guide
• 1x Seafood dinner
• 1x traditional Braai
• Village home stay (includes home cooked Xhosa meals)
• Guided hike to Hole in the Wall
• Addo entrance
• Township tour
• National Park entry and waterfall hike
• Local and international airfare
• All optional activities
• Travel insurance
• Meals not specified
• Comfortable shoes
All year round