- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Join our sunset Hike up Lion’s Head and make friends from around the world while soaking up Cape Town’s famous sunsets from the best vantage point possible!
• The hike up to the summit takes roughly 1.5 hours but passes many incredible viewpoints and the trail is very exciting in places!
• After enjoying the summit views and photo opportunities we will hike down to a quieter viewpoint to sip some hot tea/coffee and watch the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean.
• Once the sun sets we hike safely back down with head torches as the city lights start to glow beneath us.
You'll have the following stops:
Arrive at the base of Lions Head and commence your hike up the mountain on an easy hiking track that slowly winds its way around the mountain. As you continue to climb the summit, a new view of Cape Town appears.
START: Sunrise: 6:00am in Feb, meet at 5:45am
Sunset: 5:00 pm in Feb, meet at 4:45pm
The track eventually turns to a rocky path and becomes steeper. With some sections of rocky scrambling near the summit, you will use your hands to assist you.
After a successful climb, you will return to a quieter viewpoint to enjoy some tea/coffee while watching the sunset
Finally, you will return to the starting point via the same route using head torches to light the way
• Qualified tour guide
• Head torches
• Emergency medical and safety equipment
• Coffee/Tea, biscuits, and fruit to enjoy at our picnic spots
• Transport to and from the meeting point
• Jacket/Warm Top
• Water/Juice (0.5 liters minimum)
• Snacks, if you wish
• Any Personal Medication - Compulsory
• Comfortable long pants recommended in winter or on windy days in summer
• Waterproof Jacket may be compulsory if rain is predicted
• Beanie/Buff or scarf recommended if cold temperatures are predicted
Minimum age is 8 years. Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
Participants must have a good fitness level and be able to walk for 3 hours
All year round